Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thakhallus mahabbath

Yeaster night, about 8 o clock, when i was going to take my dinner in Periyar hostel mess, near Godavery hostel, i came acrosse with a stranger, old and blind with a white stick in hand, who was in seek the way to out side, from opening gate of the library building. In the presise time i reached, there were some sudani friends chanting somewhat to the proposed fellow. when i stepped forward keeping the stright way to mess, dreaming my delicious and veg dinner they sommmoned me and i was undertaken to making him way to the outward of campus. Firstly, i was so lazy and moodless to be accompanied with him becouse, in appearece, he was ugly and dirlty and too old to make friendship with him,anyway, after expressing some kind of relectance i i came nearer to him and caught the hand speaking some kinds of introductory matters.

"wherefrom you are coming now?" i asked.
"From library canteen" He replied.
"Who are you?"
"I am a NGO worker, doing someting here and sorroundings"
"You wherefrom?"
"From Chtheesgrah"
Why do you came here, now?"
"To take my dinner, from library canteen"
"Whereto you want to go now?"
"To Muneerkka (the adjecent place of jnu)"
"Are you residing there in night time?"
"Yes"
Emong the speak he asked me about my name, residense, programme of study, corsus and subject i selected to do Mphil.
I tolled him everything withot any hiding and bent.
Meanwhil i also asked him, have he anything to request me in my programme of study and subject selection. He said nothing and noded negatively.
"Then what will be your work as you tolled befor, related with NGO?" I asked.
"Yes, to do something to the blind people"
"And you aslo a blind now?"
"Yes"
"What is your nime?" I asked.
"What are you thinking about it to be?" He replied.
"Nothing, i cann't predict it " I said.
"Please, respond, even so"
In the last part of his conversation he had used som Islam-related words. Like, Rabbul aalameern, meaningly, the lord of the worlds.
"Firstly, l thought you are a non muslim" I said.
"Oho, why you thought so?" He surprised.
"I calculated you from your speaking words" I said.
"How one can understand another jest from speaking ?" He asked.
I said: " Firstly, when you used som general thoughts , i thought you as a non muslim and From your last islamic words , I thought , there is possibility you to be a muslim"
"Oho, you dont make this kinds of calculation"
"Then what is your good name?" I asked.
He firstly was relectant to response and later uttered in soft voice:
"THKHALLUS MAHABBAT"
"Are you a poet?" I asked.
"Why you asking so" He replied.
"This good name is seeming such like"
"Then, who are you, muslim or non muslim?" I repeated.
"What you can understand from the name?" He asked.
"Nothing..."
"What is your opinion about religions?"
"Good muslim is the real one, and bad muslim is like animals"
"What is your opinion about it?" He asked me.
"Same of your opinion" I said.
"Are you steeling my opinion?" He added smilingly.
"No, you are correct here, that is why, i am supporting you here" I said.

Walking with good discussions we had reached then, near of Periyar hostel. My belley was burning for vegg. I couldn't to prolong my discussion. I made him way to main gate and i returned.
The strange and anonymous old man walked away and dissolved in darkness, leaving so many questions about him, his religion, his intention to reach here in night time and his perambulation in darkness even he was a blid...
Who was he? And what would be his real name?
Whatever may be, he is good in english and aware in general knowledge.

3 comments:

ishaq tp said...

Oh ! How odd event scribbled on this space! Why do we so concerned about strangers, rather than ourselves! It may be scented mystery and i hope to recover from it as possible as i can....

moinmalayamma said...

This stranger as i think, not as you thik, speaking vaguely, smiling hidingly, searching deeply, and going on without allowing any clutch on hisown identity.

Strangers are strangers, but, strangers keeping strangeness is mor strange.

You may have heard befor about jnu campu...
It is most misterious...

musafir said...

MOIN I ADVICE YOU TO BLOG IN MALAYALAM IT IS VERY EASY IF U WANT HELP JUST GOOGLE FOR ALL ABOUT MALAYALAM BLOG OR U CAN CONTACT ME